Friday, December 28, 2012

ACEOs - Round Two

Hi! Here are a few more of the ACEOs I did back in May and June 2012. As I've said before, ACEOs actually work out really well for me, as I like to draw small anyway, and the cards are easy to carry around and sketch on in bits of free time. Also, they are good for working out ideas that I may develop into bigger paintings later.

    

I love thylacines, so the first (titled "Not Forgotten") is my take on one. I also love (as you probably know by now) Mesoamerican art and jaguars, so the second is another painting of a jaguar lord/Tezcatlipoca– or Tepeyollotl-type figure. The third is just a silly painting of an African Wild Dog, a species I haven't painted much (but should paint more - it's fun to try new things). They are done in pencil and gouache (some with a little ink) on illustration board. They are up for sale at my Storenvy store. I took artistic license with all three, and just tried to have fun. I have some more I will post soon.

Thanks, as always, for taking the time to look! :)

No comments: